today is Sunday - 31.05.2015
Thank you very much for your interest in our 31st Warsaw Film Festival, which will take place October 9-18, 2015.
DEADLINES for submission of films:
July 15 - for feature length (over 60 minutes) fiction and documentary films
July 15 - for short films (40 minutes or less)
Our programme will include several competitive and non-competitive sections - please consult the Festival Regulations for details and decide in which section(-s) you would like to present your film. Please also consult VENUES AND SCREENING FORMATS below.
You will find the WFF Regulations here: 31WFF_Regulations.pdf
SUBMITTING A FILM
A. Please consult Festival Regulations before submitting the film to check if your film meets the eligibility criteria. You don't need to fill any forms at this stage.
B. Please send a clearly marked DVD with the film:
- by post to: WFF, Box 816, 00-950 Warsaw 1, Poland
- by couriers to: Warsaw Film Festival, ul. Lwowska 11/11, 00-660 Warsaw, Poland
When sending a DVD screener, please write on the package: "For cultural purposes only, no commercial value," and declare customs value of no more than 20 euro, or the equivalent, to avoid customs fees. Please note the WFF will not pay customs fees for DVD screeners of the submitted films.
IMPORTANT: the DVDs of non-English language films have to be subtitled in English;
D. The following information should be sent along with the DVD or the online link:
1. Film Title - original, English, Polish (if in existence)
3. Country(-ies) of Production
4. Running time (in minutes)
5. Year of Production, Date & Place of World Premiere, and other screenings
6. Producer, Production Company coordinates
7. Coordinates of Person/Company submitting the film and its relation with the film (Producer, Director, Sales Agent, Distributor, other).
8. Is the final version of the film identical with the DVD you are submitting?
9. In which section(-s) you would like to present your film.
IMPORTANT: Submissions without the information above will not be considered.
WE WILL CONTACT ONLY THE ENTRANTS WHOSE FILMS WERE SELECTED. ONCE THE FILM IS INVITED, WE WILL ASK YOU TO:
A. Enter the AGREEMENT OF FILM PARTICIPATION - we will send it to you by e-mail.
B. Send us as soon as possible the PUBLICITY MATERIALS.
C. Send us the SCREENING MATERIAL. We will send you the detailed instructions.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
You can also submitt through Withoutabox.
VENUES AND SCREENING FORMATS
At the Warsaw Film Festival we screen films from the following formats:
a/ 35mm (1:1,66, 1:1,85, 1:2,35);
- 24 fps only at Multikino Screens 1, 2, 3 and 4
- 24 fps and 25 fps at Kinoteka Screens 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7
- we can't screen 1:1,66 at Kinoteka Screen No. 7
- 1:1,37 screen ratio (Academy) available only at Multikino Screen 2 (International Competition venue)
b/ DCP (2K / jpeg2000 / mxf);
IMPORTANT: we strongly recommend sending us an open (unencrypted) DCP or at least one with the keys valid for all WFF venues for the duration of the WFF plus seven days in advance - from October 2 till October 18, 2015;